1. Apply Sunscreen everyday! Even in winter the Australian sun can be extremely strong! You may not feel the heat but the suns rays are still harmful. And don’t be fooled by darker, dreary days in winter, either. The sun’s harmful UV rays can permeate clouds and still cause damage.
Before you go outside, apply a moisturizing, broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher to all exposed areas of your body.
2. Keep up your water intake! In winter you might not feel like drinking as much water but it is important to stay hydrated, dehydration can lead to dry, flaky and itchy skin. Keep a large water bottle on your desk and as a reminder to keep drinking!
3. Moisturise: It is important to apply a hydrating, nourishing moisturiser everyday! During the winter months the skin can easily become dry and dehydrated. We recommend our Vitamin E concentrate.
4. Showering: As hard as it is during the colder months it is very important not have really hot showers or baths as this will dry out your skin further and may cause skin irritations such as dermatitis.
5. Don’t forget to exfoliate: Using a scrub or even exfoliating gloves to help remove dead skin cells will not only stop flakiness but will help your moisturiser sink further into your skin.